People are often wondering why there so many updates on Windows and are they really necessary? Well theres two ways of thinking as regards to Windows update.
Some will say a well oiled machine needs constant maintenance to keep it running well. Others will say a leaky boat needs constant patching🙂 However, both depend on your view of windows operating system.
These updates or “patches” as they are known are mainly security updates but are sometimes to fix errors in Windows or improve performance.
Those with Windows 7 will recognise the delay the machine start updating. To avoid one can turn off the updates to a time of your choosing so your machine is not stopped in its tracks during a busy time.
- Windows Update KB2538242 or KB2538243 offered repeatedly (jiangshengvc.wordpress.com)
- Microsoft: Hackers launch millions of Java exploits (infoworld.com)
- Security Patches – Fix the vulnerabilities! (secureitech.wordpress.com)
- Consumer support extended for Windows 7, Vista (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Adobe, Microsoft Issue Critical Security Fixes (krebsonsecurity.com)
- Windows 8 has improved Windows Update, but it still requires restarts (geek.com)
- Get Windows To Shutdown instead of Installing Updates (beast4romtheeast.wordpress.com)
- Security Updates for Microsoft Windows, Java (krebsonsecurity.com)
- Microsoft follows Vista extension by pushing back Windows 7′s expiration date (thenextweb.com)