Just to warn you there is a phone scam operating at the moment. A chap called “Peter Parker”, can “see” you have a virus on your Windows computer and will happily relieve you of some cash to fix it.
Obviously, please do not give him any details.
He cannot see anything you have put on your PC and
is quite persistent. He carried on talking for a couple of minutes after I had hung up!.
Phone number is untraceable at the moment.
- This Is A Scam! (garvis.ca)
- Phone scammers target PC users with phony virus reports (zdnet.com)
- Senior caught by phone scam (cbc.ca)
- Tech Support Phone Scams (gobbledgeek.wordpress.com)
- Police crack down on computer support phone scam (guardian.co.uk)