A heartwarming story of Robert Litt, a teacher at ASCEND, “a small arts K-8 school in the Alameda County School District.”.
Robert needed a computer lab but his school had no budget. He called around to local businesses and individuals and collected all their “broken” computers and installed Linux operating system.
- HOWTO make a school computer lab for free with “broken” computers and free/open source software (boingboing.net)
- How One Teacher Built a Computer Lab for Free (treehugger.com)
- How One Teacher Built a Computer Lab for Free (ifixit.org)
- How One Teacher Built a Computer Lab for Free (adafruit.com)
- How One Teacher Built a Free Computer Lab (ifixit.org)
- The self-taught tech teacher who built a computer lab for free (holykaw.alltop.com)